Pages

Mar 14, 2024

A Doll A Week 2024 / Week 10 Leo and Jay

Last week I had double trouble with my boys Bluefairy Tinyfairy Gus and Fairyland Minifee Yder elf. Leo and Jay. They arrived few days apart back at 2014. It seems like I didn't double check when making the calendar but it wasn't a disaster (timewise) now that I had a chance to play with them both days in weekend. I only took few photos from Leo and in process photos from Jay. I'm still happy I did something with them as I've been so tired lately. This is work related, stress, I just haven't gotten good nights sleep in long time. Enought about my work, today was the day I got it all sorted out and now I can do something else. Like tell you about my boys! 

I love how fuzzy Leo is! I ordered just a head before Bluefairy discontinued him. His body was bought second hand, he has Classic Gentle body. I've always thought the Gentle body is just a bit less practical than the other classic Tinyfairy bodies. He does pose allright, but the knees.. are perhaps the weakest point. Maybe this was the reason I sewed him tight rock'n roll pants earlier on. He is cute! And fuzzy! Striped shirt is new, and socks even tough you can't see them. I can't remember where his wig is from but his eyes are Enchanted doll eyes and face up is made by my old Bluefairy friend. Shoes are from Leekeworld group order which made me loath their policies when not tell to the customer that the items which were purchased were trash ready items. Gladly my friend Uninu repaired them the best way they could to save at least something which was salvageable. My group order host did their best but what I hate is that I paid for new items and got broken shoes (4 pairs!!!), bases and side rubbers were peeling off like... who sends that to customer overseas?? It would have been better to tell the host that sorry, the items aren't available. I had to pay my portion of custom fee which isn't a small amount of euros either. I would totally have been fine with not available items but I hate that they don't have guts to tell a customer the truth. I'm never ordering from Leeke again.  

HUFFF - sorry about that. Lets enjoy few photos from Leo! <3 First photo of his older shirt on. Also sewed by me. 






I didn't have the spoons for putting up the background set again. But I'll take more photos of Leo when I do. I'm in middle of sewing some clothes so it might take time. Perhaps on Sunday I'll have something done. 

Jay has had quite a lot of attention during the years, he has definitely been in the limelight many times. I changed his eyes from MsStein eyes to Ornellabjd eyes for now. I like them darker and they are so pretty in the sunlight when ever we have some. 


I made a Minifee basic shirt pattern and from the basic pattern I made a dress shirt pattern. Then of course started altering the pattern and made a version of a pirate shirt or perhaps an elven shirt thing.  little, not a dress shirt but something else. I'll try to finish the shirt on weekend, and sew some more for nest weeks doll. Perhaps I can have some photos from all of them together when I finish. If not. Well.. At least some photos from process would be welcomed. 




At some point I was making a couch out of some random cardboard box and foam boards etc. It didn't look much at first... Jay is still so handsome. Perhaps he would need some elf clothing... 


The results was this. I think it looks quite good. The left side of the couch you can see it's not very balanced so the look is a bit different but I don't really mind. It is light weighted and I can put it on the shelf when I don't need it. I wish to make similar easy furniture from card boards. Perhaps smaller sofa or other things as props. We'll see.. I can barely manage to sew a little let only put some effort to such bigger pieces. Well, lets hope I'll sew things this weekend. I'm also meeting some friends on Saturday so I might not get into sewing then. 


What was done:
Leo:
- cleaning
- new shirt and socks
- admiration and giggles for his fuzzy hair 

Jay
- a bit of cleaning
- change of eyes
- made pattern for dress shirt but then altered it a little to make another type of shirt from this wrinkled cotton (which frays if you just look at it wrong way).

What they need
- both need new pants
- finish the unfinished shirt
- Jay might need a new wig. 

2 comments:

  1. I love how you've dressed Leo, he has a beautiful face. Jay looks cool sitting on the couch you made, I like that it looks "lived in" and comfy.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love my boys. ^-^ I want to make more easy furniture but where to store all that. :D Big hugs to you too. <3

      Delete