Pages

Mar 3, 2024

A Doll A Week 2024 / Week 9 Miio

This weeks cutie cupcake is Miio, Bluefairy Tinyfairy Limited At Your Service Kyle (2008). I bought him back at 2009, and a good number of other Tinyfairies from my friend *cough* buuut lets not go into those details. 

Miio's faceup is so pretty, I'm still smitten of him. He has the Classic Boy body, switched from My Sweet Day Louis (Lukas) who know has the Classic Dandy body. Miio used to have a fake fur wig made by Onegreyelephant and it took me years to find something else. This wig suits him perfectly. He actually has light green glass eyes but you can't really see them. My squinty cuties, have many of them dreamy eyes dolls. That teddybear is from Sweet Louis' luggage, teddy's been hiding in there and just appear in special occasions.









*        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        * 

He had a TTYA hoodie on for so long that I forgot his green shirt. Corduroy pants are some of those early pieces I sewed. I guess had some serious corduroy pants phase going on. The list of what to sew is so long... Yeah Miio would need some better fitting pants. Even tough I didn't have much time to dolls this weekend, it was great to give him some attention.

Miio still has the artist Xia'o's signature at the back of his head. His face up is one of the cutest I've ever seen. I absolutely adore his, it's so pretty. One of his ankles had a thin part in the inner ankle of the foot so it had a missing piece. Being so old doll he has a few of those, nothing big but still some. I covered him with a leaf cutout from green fabric. ^u^

What was done:
- Cleaning and restringing, new body elastics, arms were ok.
- Some good hotglueing
- Admiration of how cute he is

What they need:
- Perhaps new pants, if I get the overalls pattern done at some point Miio is in the line to get those.

PS. YAY, finally a post in the proper day and within the week. I could pat my shoulder for doing so well but I'm sure I'll post late again at some point so.. Thanks for reading. <3 

2 comments:

  1. I really like your Miio, it's not often we see boy dolls shown on blogs. You have reminded me that I also have dolls needing restringing, but it will have to wait for a little while yet as I need to order elastic. Keep the doll a week coming Xaya, I'm really enjoying seeing your collection.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh isn't Miio a cutie boy! I don't see boy dolls in blogs, IG has a lot of larger male BJD but not much of these cute boys. ^w^ Thank you so much, I'm so happy to hear you like them! It's been inspiring to play with each doll. Big hugs to you Xanadu <3

      Delete