Pages

Aug 27, 2015

Tag: Sisterhood of the World Blog

I haven't been tagged, but since I fist saw these, I wanted to do it! As far as I know, the tag comes from the Sisterhood of the World Blog award, and has two main steps:

1. Answer then questions.
2. Tag five people so they will continue the game.

I copied the questions from Musume's blog. I don't think I'll tag anyone, since most people have propably already made it.

1. Do you collect anything other than dolls?
I've collected quite many things, when I was younger I collected stamps and printed pictures in finnish they're called "kiiltokuva" but I don't know what's the word in english. Stickers were really popular and I had many notebooks filled with nice poems too. Later came things with fairies in them, I still have few statues and stuff around the home. And I do fall regularly to little things with fairies in them. Like boxes or notebooks or so. Or jewellery. :D

2. Why did you start a doll blog?
I wanted to write things down about my Bluefairy Tinyfairy dolls, first it was just the profiles but then I thought that it would be great to share some other stuff. Bluefairy dolls were the biggest group with in my gang but as I was only writing from them I thought that it would be so great to write about the others too... So I wanted to write and share photos of all my dolls. Sometimes I slip in some personal photos too, like from my parent's cat, Iines, which I really like. I hope you don't mind. If you do, I don't really care becouse this is my blog and I do this for myself. HA (and sorry, maybe). :P


3. Do you have one particular doll that is the favourite in your collection?
I have a large collection and I can't pick just one, so I'm naming few favourites.
Tobias [Bluefairy Tinyfairy Jerome]: He is my first doll and I really do love him to bits. He means a lot, I didn't think I would feel so much for a piece of plastic but I do think if he would somehow be damaged my heart would be broken.
Irma [Fairyland Minifee Siean elf]: She is based on my first comic character from ... 2001 or 2002? I still have few old drawings of her around, but she is the first and only one who actually had a personality before the doll came home. Her first shell was TTori Elf with Minifee B-line body which I bought straight from Luts and I so much adored that doll. Ttori went to live to someone who will appreciate it so I'm happy for my decicion to part from her. I was almost going to change her in Fairyland Feeple65 Chloe elf but bumped into the Valentine event Siean elf and decided to keep her in MSD size. This suits her really well, even tough her fiance haven't been found yet.
Elle [Bluefairy Tinyfairy Remember May Valentine]: She's the diva, and she looks good in anything I dress her in. How wonderful is that!
Kaisla, Maya and Chloe [Bluefairy Tinyfairy Lin]: My three Lins. I LOVE THEM.

4. Your favourite doll accessory?
Must be the clothing recks my workmates welded for me. I asked the guys for one and Pekka brought me three fabulous things. He was so smug when he handed them over, just perfect for my dolls clothes. ^__^ Also, the doll shoes. All of them. I just love the shoes! :D

5. Do you know exactly how many dolls you have in your collection (you don't have to tell the number of course :-) )?
Yes, I think I have 50 full dolls and five rolling heads. NO, I actually have 51 full dolls now that I decided to keep the Celine head. I already named her. XD The list of my dolls can be found in my page. That can be overwhelming to some people. Yes there are many, yes I've bought them myself and YES I've paid them myself. Some people prefer to golf, buy cars or summer cottage, I prefer dolls. And yes I do play with them all, not at the same time, that would be insane and would take few hours to take them all from their keeping places, just one or seven at the time. About. Depends how many I'm photographing or changing clothes for. Or sewing. Sometimes there can be several hanging around. Or not.

6. Do you play any instruments and if so, what?
I couldn't play Flea Waltz to save my life anymore. I used to know how to play it but that's about it when it comes to any instruments. I love singing tough, and like to think that my voice is pleasent to hear, if not, I don't mind since I usually sing by myself mostly. And sometimes at work (we don't have a radio so I have too much music in my head and either begin humming or singing). Nothing like my talking voice which is loud and clear, which I recently had a compliment from the Big Boss at work after morning meeting.

7. Where is your most favourite place you've ever been?
Favourite place. Actually I really like to be at home, propably becouse I have to spend so much time away. My home and my own bed.

8. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
I dunno. Maybe the ears?

9. Favourite book or movie?

I really like Terry Pratchett a lot, and have read almost all of them except for some of the ones he wrote for youngsters. And I love comics. Especially ElfQuest, Nemi, Calvin and Hobbes... Favourite movies, well there's a lot of them too. I'd say the Lord of the Rings series, Star Wars, a lot of Mel Brooks movies, man they're hilarious and many of the Disney classics that came out when I was a kid. And I like documentaries from animals and life, the Planet Earth series, Sir Attenborough's voice I've heard since I was a kid and watching wild life documentaries is something I like a lot too.

10. If you could design your own doll, how would it look like?
I ... I dunno. Maybe some sort of a little fairy creature or so? I think that I'm not very good at designing anything so I'm glad there are already so much aestheticly pleasing dolls that I don't have to think about designing one myself. :D


Questions:
Here are the questions listed for easy copy-and-paste:
1. Do you collect anything other than dolls?
2. Why did you start a doll blog?
3. Do you have one particular doll that is the favourite in your collection?
4. Your favourite doll accessory?
5. Do you know exactly how many dolls you have in your collection (you don't have to tell the number of course :-) )?
6. Do you play any instruments and if so, what?
7. Where is your most favourite place you've ever been?
8. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
9. Favourite book or movie?
10. If you could design your own doll, how would it look like?

6 comments:

  1. Loved to read your questions!!! I was so sure when I tagged that you had already done this!
    And I must confess, I didn't thought you had so many dolls!!! *.*
    Also, I really like Elle, I understand why she is the diva :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^^ I love these meme thingies. xD Couldn't resist for long. ^^ Hehe.

      The amount of dolls is a surprise for myself too! :D I've been in the hobby for 10 years, so it's no suprise there are many. I'm glad I found them when I already had a job. ^^

      Ah beautiful Elle ;) I'm sure she'd be so happy to know you like her. XD

      Delete
  2. 51 dolls wow that's a whole lot! I don't think I could ever own that many, but I sure wouldn't mind if I had the space or the money :D No need to give explanations to anyone as why or how you got them~

    This was really fun to read, I'm glad to keep finding other collector's blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, space is sometimes an issue, but I also have much comics and books and stuff. I'm sure I can still squeeze in some more of everything. :D

      Delete
  3. Kiiltokuvat! Ne tuo lapsuuden takaisin ja vielä on jotkut vahnat kiiltukuvat säästössä. Ja tyttäreni myös keräsivät kun olivat nuoria! Mutta nyt on muut jutut päässä - kännykät ja meikki. :D
    Ohoh, joskus ajattelen että minulla on monta nukkea (3 BJD) ja sitten aika monta monster high/ever after high - mutta sulla on ihana määrä nukkeja! Miten säilytät heidät? Onko kaappi? Itse toivon että voisin ostaa kaapin tai tyhjentää yhden hyllyn kirjoista. No, saa nähdä!
    Oli kiva lukea vastauksesi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minullakin on vielä paljon kiiltokuvia tallessa :) ne on kivoja, ja toisinaan ostelen sillointällöin lisääkin.
      Nukkeni ovat monessa paikassa tallessa, minulla ja avopuolisollani on kummallakin nukkeja ja meillä on 1/3-kokoisille nukeille yksi iso vitriini jossa on hänen viisi kokonaista nukkeaan ja minun isoja nukkejani sekä muutamia pieniä. Lisäksi on hyllytilaa ja yksi vitriini lisää pienemmille nukeille. Haluaisin hieman järjestellä nukkejuttujani uudelleen ja himoitsen jonkinlaista isoa apteekkarinlipastoa johon saisi kaikki kengät ja vaatteet nätisti varastoon. :D Ehkäpä jossain vaiheessa. ;) Kiitos kun luit höpötykseni. :)

      Delete