Pages

Jun 26, 2016

Some LDoll Stuff and Midsummer Journey

Sorry for longer absence at this time, and sorry also for no doll photos for long. I was really into customising the Moppe drawer things and then I sewed some Dust of Dolls Appi size jeans and also finished sewing six pairs of Minifee A-line jeans too for LDoll so I have been quite busy. I'm also working overtime so I can have some hours at the worktime bank for LDoll so it's doubling my time of not being able to do things for ME or for my dolls. And it is super tiring too, it's good if I'm able to cook for the next days dinner... I'm trying hard to sew for some new items to LDoll but man it takes time! I wouldn't complain if I would have some time off... but that's going to be on August when I have my holiday and I'm sure it's not enough, I'm so stressed about it.


Here are the Appi size jeans, I'm planning on sewing the waistbands and beltloops soonishly, hopefully next weekend the latest.

And also the Moppe Chest Drawer was finished it's painting and now it has some doll clothes inside it (apparently I wrote that in the entry before this, woops). I noticed after arranging for a while that I would need some more if Ikea still sells them. I heard the rumour that they don't and that already annoyed me so much! I also received the label pulls from my sister and need to screw them on these drawers! I'm turning the drawers backside to front, since I painted them as neatly as the frontside since I thought I want to keep the option if I find suitable pulls for them and they will look great! And I can't wait to slip down some cute little notes in those label holders too!



And as for the midsummer's eve we went to visit the in-laws this weekend. My boyfriend had a work journey to Poland and as it was very unexpected, I had reserved myself a day off on Thursday already, we thought we would get to travel to the in-laws on Thursday but as it came out, my boyfriend had to work until Thursday evening and then travel back home. I had the day off and had some alone time for sewing, but I don't like those short call work assignments he seems to have. He came back home safely and finally we left towards his home on Friday. If it would've been earlier that I'd knew about his journey I would've moved my day off to Monday and we could've spent that time there too. In-laws are always complaining how little time we spend with them, as well as my own parents but I find it really annoying both groups want to complain about that. =__=; We are both working and I especially am very selective on my holidays (I would want to be even more selective but I don't want to argue about that either, I can hear the complaining coming towards me), even if I do have four weeks of summer holiday I'm not planning to stay at my parent's home longer than two weeks and we've ween at the in-laws for several times more than in my home-home. My dad propably still doesn't understand that when I lived nearby them, I visited them continuously and all the time, and when I had holidays then - I travelled to see my friends elsewhere. And what he had thought was that I should spend my holidays with them! OMG sometimes just would like to say if he would stay his holiday with his father and mother - that would've been totally not happening! There's and will be always someone who is complaining we don't see that often but the everyday life consumes so much time I don't know who should I meet first or where should I put my time. I don't know how people who have kids do have time for everything. Trying to work hard to get holidays and sew for LDoll and still trying to see friends and family. I did see some friends last week before work on Wednesday which was great! Just what I had really needed, some Starbucks coffee, cake and some art at Taidehalli, Helsinki. There was a Tom of Finland art exhibition and yes, a lots of cocks could be seen there, but I must say that his graphite pencil work are amazing. Never I've seen something quite like it. Of course I had a time limit up when I had to leave but thanks to Mei who came to the gallery with me. ^^ Also, my working schedule's will have a slight change since 1st of October, that's why I'm working some overtime for the worktime bank so I actually can have time off when I want, if I can. Ahhahaaa... that's always it when you work in a small team, not all can have a day off at the popular day. I apologise for not uploading the bigger photos and not linking them from Flickr since it doens't work at the moment.

AND! Finally some doll photos! I took Edwina with me and boy she's soooo cute! I didn't dare to take more photos at the in-laws, mother-in-law has fantastic garden so I took many photos of her flowers and only thought afterwards that I should've photographed some with Edwina too. Anyway, we stopped by to Mäntyharju Disc Golf Course and I took few photos of her there. ^^ Edwina is Latidoll Yellow Momo, she's some sort of limited edition from Christmas long time ago. I love those plump little cheeks and the green heart under her eye. And the ears!




She's on this monument thing for the first sawmill that was in this place during 1898 - 1938.






As a little fairy like she is, she likes to hang around on their branches. She wanted to take a nap but sadly I had to take her back to car so we could leave.


The bumblebee they were everywhere and sometimes several in one peony. XD Working hard!


And how pretty! I don't know what this flower is.


Midsummer pyre / bonfire thingy going on lake Saimaa. We went to see this traditional thing to Mikkeli city. Also had a pancake from the fair and it was yummy!


Brahelinna - Brahecastle ruins at Ristiina. (I took a walk from there with mother-in-law).






From the top of the hill towards the Lake Saimaa. It would've been so fantastic if the trees would not have been so big! No wonder why Per Brahe wanted to have a castle in that place, strategy wise of course but the view must've been amazing back then.


Ristiina's Church.





So nice weather to walk around. :) This field was filled with white clover. I had quite a few of mosquito bites and they're so itchy, and I was exhausted of walking that much. I'll try to bring more doll photos around here later on! I don't find it so easy to go outside photographing dolls but maybe I can have some at our balcony next week if I'm not too tired of work. ^^; We'll see!

10 comments:

  1. Edwina is so cute!!!! love all the photos, so many prett places in one go!
    The pants are looking fab too~

    Sorry to hear you get lots of complains in your family about not visiting often, it must be hard! And you can't please everyone sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy Edwina decided to come along. ^^ She is sooo cute! =w= And yes :D I'm glad it was so good weather to be outside FINALLY!!!

      Ah, I understand they miss me, but they should understand it's quite a distance, I just can't go there for the weekend and I must say I rather do stay there for longer period of time at once. :/ Weekend seems so short time. I miss them too... that's something they seem to forget also. :P

      Delete
  2. So many gorgeous pics of pretty and historical places! That seems like a wonderful trip ~
    Haha, family is always like that (that's why I'm living even further away from them -evil laughter- ~) :D but the point is, they'll always love you, even if you neglect them a bit. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish we'd had a better view for the Lake Saimaa! XD It's big and I've missed lakes since I come from place where there are such things. It was nice little journey. ^^ Aaand of course we ate a lot. LOL. I should've photographed some of our food.

      One can certainly hope they keep loving me even if I'm far ;) I am waiting to get there, the silence there, I miss that the most! :D And their cat too. xD LOL

      Delete
  3. Those jeans are lovely!! I really like them.
    It sounds stressing, but I hope you will have a good time on LDoll :D

    Sad to hear about the complains, I agree with Fantasywoods, one can't please everyone =S Be strong!

    Edwina is looking adorable! Those flowers and greenery is just perfect for fairy doll photos! And those ruins are stunning! Loved all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Musume <3 ^__^ I'm glad you like them and I'm sure I'll have a great time at LDoll. XD Just a huge stress like always beforehand.

      Thanks for the heads up, I can only do my best and that should be enough. :) <3

      I wish I'd taken Edwina with me to the ruins, I just wasn't comfortable bringing her becouse my mother-in-law was with me. ^^;

      Delete
  4. I have always had troubles making pants, those jeans are a dream to me - love them! Need to practice and test my limits more.
    Sad to hear that your family complains, you can only do what you can and I hope that they understand soon. And as Alejandra wrote, can't please everyone!
    Edwina are so cute and Ristiina is a beautiful place! Enjoyed the photos!
    Enjoy LDoll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! :) First thing to sew was jeans (or pants) when I began sewing for Tobias. Jeans was something I really wanted to sew nicely. ^^ I wish you good luck with testing! :)

      I wish I'd have more holidays but seems like we're going in less holidays in Finland... man, the politics - I'm not getting in there. :P I'm really wanting my summer holiday LOL.

      I'm glad you enjoyed the photos ^^ <3 It was great to walk around there. I'll bring a doll/dolls to our next journey too so I'll have few photos.
      :D I'm sure LDoll will be great! >w<

      Delete
  5. Oh my the jeans for Appi are really a challenge, but they look fantastic so far :D!
    And don't let anyone bring you down, you at least know that you do the best you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I need to sew the waistbands this weekend... it will take a little bit time and effort I'm sure, it's challenge since their waist curve in so much from that part.

      Thank you so much for the heads up Silvia :) <3

      Delete