So, I might have to blow the dust off this blog since it's been so long from my last post. Sorry about that. I've thought a lot of posting but just couldn't find the strength and didn't have the head to concentrate for making a post. Better late than never maybe? Crap quality photos it is again, I'm not sure when I'll get back to the good ol' dslr again. Anyway, Iplehouse JID Owen is my first Iplehouse doll, I ordered him blank, but I changed my mind after seeing some Iplehouse basic face ups on dolls and thought it might be nice to have him with it actually. So he propably was almost finished the manufacturing process and the face up order delayed it a little but I don't think that mattered anyway as waiting is something we do a lot with this hobby. He was shipped out and arrived at home with UPS delivery, other Finns have posted about how the custom procedures went with their doll orders that were delivered with UPS and all the difficulty so I won't go to that. I decided to let them do it and was a bit nervous about the upcoming fees etc but it all went smoothly and I got my doll soon after I agreed for them to make it. I recently got some other items from Alice's Collections with Fedex and it was easy to make the customs declaration myself so I wonder why it was so bothersome with UPS. To some photos!
He was packed into this silver film bag with a thin coat of bubblewrap around the box. I'm not sure how much would've it cost extra if they'd placed the dollbox inside the coverbox like usually, but he was allright, nothing was broken so I guess it was enough to keep him safe. Iplehouse did refund some from the shipping fee, which was nice, but wouldn't it be easy to calculate the shipping correctly at the first place, maybe people didn't order so many JID's that they didn't know how much shipping would cost? It was still expensive. I'll make another order of JID boy later, not sure when and decide the sculpt I want. Messy table like usual..
Like.. that's enough bubblewrap??? I'm so glad the box wasn't damaged.
The box looks nice, I like it!
COA and manual. There was also some hooks and extra elastics. That made me happy, I've never had those as an extra with a doll before.
Wow, broad shoulders and chest. I already like the colour.
I like this face up.
His face up is quite fierce, angry eyebrow syndrome is right there. Too bad I didn't buy him a wig from Iple, at least those would've fit him for sure. The AC's order I made was basicly mostly for wigs and some shoes, all the wigs were too big for him. Even my Tinyfairy heads are a bit too small for some so they'd definitely need more silicon caps to keep the wigs in place. For Owen, the wigs woudn't fit with a cap either.
His acrylic defaults were nice colour, but as I had already bought some 12mm eyes with small iris. I chose a pair for him from those. It's great to make second hand shopping inside the country. We do have a small group of BJD hobbyists but I think sometimes you can find really nice items close by.
These are Apheliondoll eyes, I'd been watching those for long but had some second thoughts about it after reading people's difficulty with Aphelion, I didn't make an order myself. Great that I found some here. Green is waiting for new owner, but this boy claimed the blue/grey ones on the right.
I think he looks great! I love this combination of resin colour with the eyes. His name is Henry, I decided to go with something that's easier for me to pronounce for me. I say "h" in the front as it would be said in Finnish, not like in french without the clear "h" in it. ^^;;
A comparison. I actually had a full comparison shoot with the DSLR but it went wrong becouse I screwed up with the settings. All photos with it came out really grainy. I had quite a lot with my phone too so I can post some more or have another shoot later.
From left to right:
Iplehouse JID, FL/Luts Minifee B-line, FL MInifee A-line model boy, Harucasting E-minor, Minifee A-line Girl F-bust/Cutie legs, FL Minifee A-line L-bust/Model legs, Bimong new narae and Minifee M-line Girl/Cutie bust.
I sewed him jeans and a shirt, I'm quite satiesfied with both. They fit him well. I'm not yet sure which kind of style I want him to wear. Shoes were a bit of... problem. Even tough I have quite a lot of shoes he would need a bit more realistic ones. I think I found some that are OK, but I'm still looking for a nice pair.
So, here he is, without a wig! Sheesh, I will need to make a nother order. Thist time I'm debating if I should order from Luts or Dollmore, I'd really want him to look nice and maybe have front hair so the angry eyebrows will be covered at least a little.
As you can see from the comparison photo, he works well with the smaller Minifee Girls (and propably boys too, if you like) and with Bimong Narae. Harucasting E-minor's head is a bit too small in comparison with JID, so it is possible but her head might look a bit small with him. I was thinking first to pair him with Hina (Minifee Sarang 14) buuuut I had a spur of a moment photostory with Hina and Jay (Minifee Yder Elf) and that is now living it's own life with them. Henry will need to find himself another companion. The stories are in my instagram account, but I could post the stories in here too if you want to read them? Henry will be a part of the story after he gets his wig too. I have other doll stuff going on, sold some and bought some but that's gonna be in some other post. ^__^ Have a great upcoming week!













Always better late than never. I have the same ’problems’ - time just flies by and sometimes is even feels like ’no it is too late to blog about this’. Hope to get a bit better on this point during summer and fall.
ReplyDeleteGreat that you got a refund on the shipping fee, but rather odd that they did not get it right from the beginning. The shipping fees are rather expensive. And it is always so nervous to open a package with a doll, hoping for no damages.
I love him. He has a beautiful face, soft and warm and the eyes are perfect for him, brown and soft! Such a handsome guy. The blue/grey eyes suit him very well too! Love the name too! Look forward to seeing him in a wig!
Congrats to getting him home!
I feel like sometimes it's just that do I have enough to write about? Like so much that it has enough of material to make a post here or is it less so it would work better for Instagram. I'm trying to make a post this month so there would be at least one in a month. Maybe I should pick up one of those challenge things that are going around. I'd want to participate but I just can't do a solid month of post each day in Instagram. Maybe I could do twice a month or so in my own pace here, like Musume does in hers.
DeleteThank you for loving Henry! ^__^ He is a great guy, too bad all wigs weren't good for him. I've ordered some alpaca locks in hope to try to make him a wig myself. I'm really slow with dolls now, trying to concentrate on summer and butterflies but not forget my BJD's at this time.
Thank you, I'm so happy he came home. Also thanks for sweet comment <3