Pages

Apr 13, 2025

A Long Break From Things

I definitely knew since the previous post that I've bitten more than I can chew in all areas of life. It was one year which totally got me and exhausted my creative juices. 

When I made the Doll Calendar thing, I didn't think making posts would be an issue and it wasn't at first. I didn't realize I wouldn't have time to do anything with dolls in SO many days. There were days I was travelling, weekdays usually go to homework and there seemed always be something else to do. Or any spoons to give to a hobby when I was overwhelmed from work and I don't see that getting much easier. The evaluation of my work goals has been done for the last quarter (in business) 2024 just ended so I might have a breather just for a while before I need to go like crazy again. 

I decided to get back into Bullet Journaling, and made myself a small journal for food, water and a small space for daily diary. I also made a journal for long time collections. That means all kind of memory keeping. Doll handling journal where I make a mark on yearly calendar about if I've touched a doll and which dolls they are. I tried to keep more detailed but it doesn't work. Just a mark on the day and/or doll's name on separate pages by either a dot, or write simple date. 

Anyway.. As I've not photographed anything except with phone *cough* as usual these days I might post some older photos. Even tough I've not done much things with dolls, yesterday I got obsessed about my doll history, how many dolls or heads have gone trough my hands and how many are currently at home. I made a spreadsheet of them and boy there's a lot of history there. This is my 20th year of doll hobby. Possibly last year has been the most less active since 2005. 

Here's Luts Christmas event 2007 Juri A head, which definitely is a Delf Moon Elf head. I sold this head in my booth at LDoll one year. He had pierced ears which were filled with resin very neatly by a friend. He was rather handsome. 


I'm hoping to try posting again. Once a month since now. Is it too much to try and make at least one entry a month? What do you think. 

If you're there, I wish you the best, hope you're doing good. 

                                                                Kind regards, Xaya

4 comments:

  1. Hi Xaya,
    I'm still here, but just haven't been posting much since before Christmas, though I did manage to wish everyone Happy New Year! I was hoping to work on some dolls, but just haven't had the motivation, I think I just needed time out for myself.

    Sometimes we all try to do too much and I think once a month is fine, but when you need to take a break, do so, we'll all be around somewhere nearby.
    Congratulations on reaching your 20th year in the hobby!
    Lots of love,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Xanadu, long time. :)
      Good to see you, I've actually been reading your posts sometimes. I really feel like I'm in a crossroad with the hobby, and I need to think where I want to go with it.

      Thank you for your lovely comment and I can't believe dolls have been a part of my life for 20 years already! ^-^ <3

      Delete
  2. I know the feeling. The thought feels good and you put such an effort in it and suddenly something else happens in life...and there you are, wondering what happened and where did the time go? And that is OK.
    Congrats to the 20 years in the hobby. That is amazing and a journey you have made. Hope you find a way to continue that feels lovely for you.💕🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouraging words Niina. I feel like I have definitely missed time, where did all that go. I had changes at work, which meant I was going to be even more busy than usual and my new boss said that this kind of transition time from old to new role is always busy... but I've felt so exhausted there was no much left for dolls. That makes me think that this is definitely something I want to have more time in the future. I wish you all good and nice for 2026. <3

      Delete