
Jesmoth - Cocoondolls booth. I was helping out my friends and that was a good decicion this year. ^^ Oh look at all the lovely little dollies she's created, and those shoesies!!

And Uninu's booth, I'm glad I could help my friends. It was so exiting to mark things sold. LOL.

SweetNeat's and Magistrums booth. Too bad Rorchack - Magistrum wasn't able to come to LDoll, but fabulous that SweetNeat was able to take the sculls and advertising material from him. :) I was also helping out SweetNeat at her booth. :D YAY! A little salesgirl inside was super happy about selling on behalf of my friends, it was so exiting to see something sold. ^^ Hehe. I know, I'm certainly sounding silly but it was great fun!

Raouken's corsetry, FANTASTIC!!! I loved them, bought two, the pink one with black lining and lace stuff for Irma. Irma was quite much spoiled this time around. xD

These little ones are so cute! The Poupiette and little mouses were adorable!

Dust of Dolls - these Kröt-thingies - I could've scooped all of them in my pocket and just giggle with them! They're super adorable and I really liked how they styled them all. Just looking at this little one smile makes me happy!
Just few examples, I was so happy to meet a loads of people and buy huge amount of stuff! xD I must brag a little, I bought over 800€ worth of eyes, clothes, shoes, more eyes, wigs and jewellery and such but NO dolls. Also I had saved money for WHOLE year before LDoll, so it wasn't like I put all my pay for doll stuff. I always keep in mind to pay the bills first and then save some. I actually saved with pulling cash from my account and putting the cash in a jar. xD I had made a little list of thing I would love to get and I did get most of the things I wanted.
Many of my dolls got some new eyes, and the rolling heads especially got some new eyes and few wigs. The jewellery: Adorable and sexy! Irma got the sexiest one, I had to switch the pearl from the back of her necklace to the front and remove the bow, becouse the bow just was disturbing with her huge bust. LOL.
Here's the short report from LDoll, great event five years in a row. I will definitely take a booth next year, I already began sewing for the event. The difficult part was after the event, when we heard that Lufthansa had most of their pilots in strike. MAN that was annoying. I owe a huge huge thanks to my sister who sent me a text message on Monday morning after LDoll and told me about the strike. I called to my travelling insurance company which didn't of course pay any compensations in case of a strike. SO. We needed to go to the airport and sort everything out. That quite ruined the morning and some of the Monday too. I was relieved we got new tickets with Uninu for Tuesday evening, went back to Lyon city to our hotel and find Jesmo and had some time to walk around the city and visit the fabric stores. Next morning we went to eat to a japanese restaurant near Charpennes station, I think it was called Okawali. Fantastic fried chicken with quite a lot of ginger (lol, next time I'll get it with salad instead of just rice, or with both). I don't wonder why it is so popular, food is great!
On our journey trough the city to railwaystation I got a call from Amsterdam's airport customerservice and I didn't hear it early enough to answer the call. I knew it was trouble, so as we were going to St. Exupery Airport we went straight to Lufthansa info desk. They said we should go to KLM and Air France customer service counter, becouse Lufthansa had changed our flights to theirs and, well, we'd be their problem. Lined for a while to hear that our flights via Amsterdam had been cancelled and changed to Wednesday morning. I said to the lady at the counter that it would be fabulous if we could have ANY flights that day and she found us flights to Helsinki via Brussels. And the flight was going within an hour. We didn't even think it would be so fast. We made successfully check-in for the flight from Lyon to Brussels but second flight failed, like the lady had mentioned at the counter. I was mostly a bit pissed, hugely stressed and nervous we wouldn't make it. And we only had less than 60 minutes for the change of flights. The amount of panic was indescribable and we ran like two snails to the gate which was somewhere in deep at Airport St. Exupery's ass. Only to be noticed that they were still refueling the plane. The flight was running late and in the end we had less than 30 minutes to run upstairs (no, they didn't have that alley from plane, or buss from the plane to the airport, we had to climb staircase) at Brussels airport and grab first airport personnel and ask them what we should do.
We didn't know that the check-in can be done at gate, but they said we could do that. Brussels Airport is bigger than huge, it's the hugest biggest freakin airport where I've ever been. I can't describe our relief when we noticed that the the gate to our flight was only two gates away from the one we were at the moment and we spurted at the counter line. Finally the lady at the counter said that yes, we can make the check-in right now, don't stress, it's not good for your heart. We had plus-tickets which was good, since we could go to the plane before others. AND we had 15 minutes for the restrooms and buying some Pepsi! I was so relieved to get back home. Uninu's bigger luggage was stayed behind to Brussels but gladly she didn't have any valuables in it and finally got it back after few days we got back home.
The customer service at Lufthansa desk was OK, but there was clearly not enough personnel at work, they didn't info about the strike early enough (we would've gotten the information about the strike late on Monday evening, as my friends got their info at Sunday when their flights would've been on Monday). All people at the Airports were really nice and I'm sure they had huge task to arrange flights for 1300 or so flights. Thanks to them we got home early but I really could've lived without all stress it caused. Next year I might boycott Lufthansa and buy my flights elsewere just in case. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment