
Well, walking trough the snowbanks with camera and dolls is difficult and having them in my pocket made it easier. There was snow up to my knee, almost, I know I'm short but there's still quite a lot of snow around. Anyway, to the photos!
There would've been really nice branches around a lot more but I didn't want to try to go to all of them. So much snow! This was good tough. The stone where I photographed Tiffany during Christmas was under this tree and it was covered by snow.
They are so cute! *squeeee*
Mimmi!
Emmi!
The snow at this... car cart thingy? wasn't too deep so I put them standing there, snow is like glitter in this. ^^ The girls are beautiful!
I had a great holiday, I guess the highlight - besides spending time with my parents and Iines the cat - was the forest deer I saw. Dad called me one day he was driving home from ice fishing contest he went to see, he said grab the camera and put your coat on, there's deer on lake ice somewhere close by. I got so exited about them! We drove near and first couldn't see them, then we drove back and turned into a small road and there they were behind the trees!
I've never seen any so close, they are shy animals and prefer to move away from the cars. This photo was taken in a car when I opened the window. We turned the car closeby and drove back to the main road. Drove a bit further to a crosroads where the deers would likely to go over the road (we were behind some young trees so they couldn't see us) and I got out from the car and JUST then a some old lady came with their car and for some reason stopped the car and stayed in the spot where the deer would've come over the road. I kept pointing her that she should continue her driving that I have my camera there in that spot, damn! Anyway she finally understood that she should drive on, if she would've not stopped the deer would've crossed the road closer to us and I'd gotten better photos. I'm really happy to see them hopping! :D

Most of the herd had already crossed the road here. I took many photos, but it was difficult to choose. xD
When the others already went over these two doofus stayed behind to stare me. XD I was standing on the road beside our car. When these two decided to leave we didn't want to disturb the deer anymore. ^^ That's quite a lot exitement for them and us. :)
So! Many exiting things, lovely photos of Mimmi and Emmi, nature, snow, kitty! And have one more from Iines.
My uncle Olavi also has Nikon, but his camera was one with more manual stuff going on and my camera has more automatic stuff so the lenses weren't excactly compatible with it. Anyway, this photo was taken with his lens.
Hoow cool to see them so close!!! I love deers but I haven't seen any up close, only dogs and cats and a rat once XDDDDDDDDDD
ReplyDeletePretty photos as always, love the snowy photos of dolls, and I love how it does look like glitter in the cart one :D!!!
The photo of the legs poking out the pocket is so funny XD
Oh they were so close! I'm super happy to see them, hopefully someday with better lense to my camera. :D I photographed little birds too, but they are so small photographing was difficult. XD
DeleteThank you! The glitter snow was great, there's more photos in my flicr from that, Uncle Olavi had some sort of star filter thing that I could attatch to my camera and it made starry effects. xD
Hehe, them girls in my pocket was most delightful way to carry them around. XD It was a bit cold so I was afraid their shoes would fall and I'd have to try to find them. Gladly their shoes stayed on really well.
I really love the last photo, the colors are really nice! :O It must be fun to try out some different combinations of equipment like that!
ReplyDeleteMimmi and Emmi are adorable as always ~
Those deer photos are sooo amazing! I think it's wonderful that you can see them like that in their (mostly) natural environment~~ :D :D
I tweaked it just a little with photo editor, I usually go with automatic balance or something like that, but the original colours of the photo weren't bad either. My uncle said he uses that lense to photograph portraits. It was great to try out thing like that.
DeleteThank youuuu, Mimmi and Emmi were fun company. Hehee ^__^
The deer, they are fantastic to see in their own environment, there are quite much wild life going on near my parents home, they've had a lynx around the house, tough that's not a place it should be, too dangerous for our cat. :P She's been in danger to be eaten by the lynx before so I'd prefer if they wouldn't come that close to the house. Seeing the tracks is more common than seeing the lynx it self.
Kauniita lumisia kuvia! Glitterlumi on parasta! X3
ReplyDeleteOih, ihania nuo metsäpeurat ♥ Onneksi kerkesit niistä napsimaan kuvia ^^
Kiitos! :) Ihanaa pehmyttä lunta, ja hirmu vaikeeta hiihtää kapeilla suksilla metsäsuksen jälkeä. XD Kivaa oli silti, vaikken ole pahemmin perustanut hiihtämisestä sitten kouluvuosien. :)
DeleteJOooh, peurat oli varmaan yksi kohokohta tällä reissulla, näin niitä toisenkin kerran nopeasti vilaukselta kuopimassa tien reunasta varvikkoa. :) Kuvaa en olisi saanut mutta hauska on harrastaa peurabongausta. XD
Luonto on todella ihanaa! Kauniit kuvat sait! Mimmi ja Emmi ovat sopivan kokoiset taskuun ja ottaa mukaan ulos! Kiva että näit peurat! Tulee mieleen kerran kun olin vanhempieni mökillä Taalainmaalla ja olin äitini kanssa ulkona kävelyllä. Koira oli mukana ja hän sai juosta vapaana. Yht'äkkiään mie ja äiti kuulimme kamalan ruminan - iso hirvi juoksi just nenän alta. Olimme osittain shokissa ja luulimme että nyt se koira lähtee juoksemaan perään. Pöh, ei meidän vanha ruppana edes huomannut että hirvi juoksenteli. :D
ReplyDeleteKiitos, tykkään kovasti Sotkamon luonnosta, järvistä ja kukkuloista. Jotenkin kotipaikkani luonto on iskostunut päähäni sellaisena tyypillisenä maisemana, vaaroja ja vesiä. :)
DeleteOli hauska että Mimmi ja Emmi oli mukana, äitini piti niitä söpöinä ja Iinestä (kissaa) ihmetyttivät. Isä ei niitä tainnut tällä matkalla nähdä. :D
Heh heh :D Eipä kiinnostanut hirvi vanhaa. :) Hirvet voi olla aika pelottavia, onneksi ettette jääneet alle!