Socky: SHLORP! Important message!
Armi: No need to stay in closets!
Socky: Superly not need for that!
Armi: Say no to recast BJD!
Armi: Recast is not a real thing like me! I only costed 100 EUROS and I'm totally worth it! I'm your favourite girl! Your favourite IS worth saving for!
Say no to recasts. The doll can be reached with saving, layaway and hard work. :) For Finns there is very good post from Sinin nukkeblog in finnish. There's no reason to say I didn't know or there wasn't any information becouse you can have information even in our own language.
You can skip the next part if you wish.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Also, sorry for the long doll silence. I'm sorry to say that during the summer I was way too busy with work, too tired and while I had a holiday at my parents home, I knew I had to work even harder at their place as both of them were going to go for a surgery. So the more I was going to be able to help the easier their life would be later on. First of all I went there to my parents place by train which was two hours late becouse of stormy weather the night before, I had to switch trains in the middle of the way there and it's always nervwrecking to do that. THUS I FORGOT the main luggage at the train I left when I switched trains. A huge amount of panic and a bit of crying I got all things sorted out. Luckily my boyfriend got my luggage from Helsinki station so it was saved! I had with me my doll bag, camera bag and snackbag which are of course the most important at long voyage home. My dad came to pick me up from Kajaani station and we headed to a local shop to buy me new pants, t-shirts etc so that I could be there for two weeks. I was a bit surprised how little you really need for a week and a half, my bf brought the bag with him when he came there by car.
There was a huge pile of wood to be moved from place A to place B. To see the thing...
There was also a wasp nest at the end of that THING. Lots of them. I'm so afraid of the stingy bugs...
This is how much we got to carry, my boyfriend also came there after I'd been there for almost 1,5 weeks. He was a big help and my dad was super greatfull as this was truly a big help for them. He has this little "all-terrain vehicle" with a trailer thing so we can load the wood there and then either walk or drive to the destination and then.. lots of carrying going on.
Due that and the butterflies I didn't have time to dig Eliza Day out from the bag. I did admire her a lot during the evenings before going to bed. My mom went to surgery first and it went really well. I'm glad she has recovered her operation so well, I could see the progress already when I was there. Iines the cat went nursing her while she was resting, that was propably the most important part of the healing. ;) Iines also kept me company many times when I tried to photograph butterflies. And mostly got into the way, she didn't eat the butterflies tough, which was nice.
The Queen of the land.
I made a bar for the butterflies, these tree comma butterflies were totally drunk. If you wish to make a butterfly bar I'm sure there's a lot of how to make it things going on but the easiest: put in some foam rubber on ja jar/plate/thing, pour red wine in it so the foam soaks in it, you can also add some brown sugar or old stinky fruit in it, it usually works. This has truly become a hobby for me, photographing butterflies is challenging but I'd like to think I've come better. I hope I will eventually see many new species next summer.
Anyway, I left my parents and my dad had his knee replacement surgery after I'd come back to Helsinki. Now that's it's all over I can finally say he is doing fine. It was hard not to be there but I couldn't spent all my holiday at their place, as I really needed a week full of rest after all that hard work. Happy to say it paid off a lot as when I went there later on in mid September they were happy to have all the wood carried in the sheds closer to their home.
I have made a Finnish blog where I will post the butterfly photos from now on, together with other non-doll related things Tylsä Elämä (Boring life in english, tough I'm thinking of another name for it..). This blog will keep doll stuff, crafts and such. It was great to photograph my resin dolls a little today. I've also gotten new Pureneemo, thanks to Sarif for her help to getting Mia cat. I will need to make arrangements and photograph her and my other cat Neemos together and dress the others, some of them are having less clothes on as I'm in the middle of changing their clothes. ^^; See you - hopefully - soon with the dolls!
What a good daughter you have been! My mother just had her knee replaced and is doing well too. Nerve wracking for us, right? At 81 years old, she is able to do stairs again so very worth it. I love seeing your butterflies. They are so very different from the Monarchs and swallowtails in our garden.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah I can tap myself at the back for being so fantastic! ;) My dad is 67 years old and has been on moose hunt already after 2,5 months of the surgery which is great. It was so hard to see him do nothing, it was very difficult for him too as he is quite active person. :) It was very stressing to know both of my parents having a surgery in so close time between them. Good to know your mother is able to do the stairs again, that's great!
DeleteMan to see a Monarch or swallowtail! GIMME! LOL :D I'm pondering to go to a butterfly house in Joensuu, it's a city here in Finland but it will take 4 hours by train so it might go until January before I can go. :) Also, there's a butterly house at Stockholm too... There are swallowtails here too but I've not seen one since I was a kid. :)
I sure do agree with you, Ami and Socky - it is worth waiting for the legit doll, even if it takes long time to save and wait. It feels good in ones soul and body to do the right thing, support the artists.
ReplyDeleteYou have had an busy summer and I am glad that you could help your parents at their home. I got cold chills when I read that you forgot your luggage - did not think so much about clothes and so, but the dolls. Then it was a release to read that you had the most important things in your other bags you carried along. Great with a boyfriend that could help!
I do not like the stingy bugs either. I have been stung by wasps and a hornet (herhiläinen) and that does hurt. So I run and look like a wind mill, if these come near.
That was a neat idea with a bar for the butterflies. I have put out some light sugar water for the bumblebees and honeybees. I need to try to help the kind bugs a bit more next summer.
I am really happy that your parents are doing well after their surgeries.
I will visit your Finnish blog soon! Have a great new week!
Thank you, I feel like it was so great to have my first doll, nothing can beat that feeling when you've saved and then waited for the doll you want to have. Supporting the real artists is important.
DeleteOh yeah, it was busy one summer. You can propably imagine my panic when I noticed my bag was missing. XP It was horrible, I'm glad my bf saved the bag. Important stuff were safe, only clothes in the bag but man I hate clothes shopping... :D
Welcome to the wind mill club dear. :D Both of us! I've not been stung by any stingy bugs but I'm super afraid of them.
I read that white sugar can block the ... imukärsä? Mikähän se lienee englanniksi? The pipe which butterflies suck their food in so brown sugar would be better for them. Feeding the bugs is important as natural fields of flowers are getting destroyed in many countries, here too.
Thank you, I'm glad they're both doing good, it was stressfull but I'm glad it's over now. ^__^
Welcome to my Finnish blog too. I wish you a great week too! :)
Hi Xaya,
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through Niina (DollsDolour) and enjoyed this post. It's refreshing to see that there are those out there in the world who still care for their parents when they are unable to care for themselves . . . you are a good daughter! I see by the photos both you and your boyfriend worked your butts off moving all that wood, that's heavy work!
I did enjoy meeting your dolls and reading about your other hobby of photographing the butterflies, it's nice being able to learn about the person behind the doll hobby it makes it more friendly and I would think twice about the second blog (it can be time consuming writing two blogs and we are all short of time these days).
I will add this blog to my reading list. Best wishes to you all.
Hugs,
X
Hello there Xanadu! :D
DeleteNice to meet you. Both my siblings and me do things there when we can, it is the right thing to do. And I did have some spare time with the butterflies when we had breaks and that was fun. Hard work, but it's good to sometimes work your butt off like that. Gives a little bit of perspective about how things work in the country side. :) Living in a city is somewhat different from that.
Thank you so much, my dolls had a long hiatus during the summer but now that butterfly season is far over in Finland I'm able to concentrate more on dolls. And about writing two blogs, it's always easier if one is in finnish as I really sometimes need time to think how to say things in english. :D Also, I don't photograph nature that often that I propably will update the other one during the summer more. :) And maybe winter when I get to visit my parents, I still need to learn how to photograph stars at night and maybe some Aurora Borealis too.
Thank you for your lovely comment. I will visit yours and add you in my list. ^__^ It's great to meet new people in this hobby! Hugs! :)
I loved that cute story, and I agree!! Say no to recasts!!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how stressful the lugage thing must have been, but it is good to hear everything went well!! Also, it is awesome that your parents were doing so well!
I can't wait to see your new Neemos!!
Thank you Musume, that's the only right thing you can do! :)
DeleteI'm happy they're doing so much better already, mom's surgery wasn't as big as dad's, but only two weeks in between was a bit too little. All good now so it's great. I can't wait to go back there on March.
:D I will try to post some photos, I have something else going on first, a little bit of a Christmas calendar on our Finnish forum but I'll post the photos here too. ;)
>>Your favourite IS worth saving for! <<
ReplyDeleteThat is so true, thank you sharing this cute story!
And i love your crew <3
ALso I am happy that you parents are well and both got through their surgery well and without complications! I wish them all the best.
(and I love this cat! So cute!!)
Thank you, my crew says thanks, they're happy bunch! ^__^
DeleteAww, so sweet of you, they are most important people for me, and I'm glad they're doing well. Haha ;) Iines the cat is good at getting attention. She's such a pretty girl.