So, OK, Bluefairy have announced the new Tinyfairy Body with a picture of ... maybe Blossom and Dandy body I assume. You can find the picture and the notice at their notice board here. As a long time Bluefairy enthusiast as I am, I'm not entirely pleased about what I see. I love the old bodies, soft and pleasing in all their simpleness. I see many differences, especially with the girl body presented in the photos. You can see more about the posing abilities and a few photo comparison with old Blossom body Sarang in their blog.
I can now see quite a lot of changes they made already for the girl body, I presume it is Blossom, without counting the double joints. And I'm sorry, anatomical english is difficult so I had to use online dictionary for this and I always do anyway. ( xP ) Also, I want to remind that there might be some of my own opinions and observation about the changes, not all positive.
- Upper arm from shoulder to elbow, completely changed, you can see from the BF's promotional photo that it looks the same as the boy's upper arm. There is clearly the dimple where the biceps begin. I find that it makes the girl look more... ummm bulky from her upper torso? I really liked the smooth look of the arm for girl better.
- Lower arm, mainly comes out more towards the wrist ball.
- Hand, the lovely pinky finger has been changed to a regular hand. I quite like this hand as an option, but I do hope they will keep the old pinky hand in the cataloque.
- Upper torso/bust piece is clearly a bit more narrow from the ribcage area than the old one. Boobs look different, they're not the.. cone (?) shape Blossom's like they used to be. I do have to concider if that's good or bad thing, becouse I think if bust is rounder, you can make better fitting tops into it. If the bust is very angular that will show in the pattern too and might not look that nice. Over all the bust piece looks a tad bit smaller than the old one under the ribcage. A little update: Navci pointed out that the placement of the boobs are different, they're sort of closer to each other and placed a bit higher than the old ones.
- Lower torso/hip piece, well you can clearly see that the opening for the tigh joints come upper in the hip piece and the canal for the string is longer. Belly seems to be... higher, and bellybutton is higher too... I know people doesn't usually give much attention to the female crotch piece, but I do think the old one looked prettier.
- Thigh piece, the mobility joint. I'm not a fan of mobility joints, in my experience they turn when you don't want them to.
- Lower leg piece, maybe it's just my eyes but the leg is a tad bit thinner when you compare the Sarangs leg to May with new body?
- Ankle ball, well, I guess that can be thought as a good renewal, since many dolls has this kind of design. Old ankle ball was sculpted to the leg piece's ankle but now it seems to be separated. It does look a little bit big compared to the width of the leg piece, it is not as pleasing aestheticly becouse of that.
- Feet seem to be the same as they've been.
- And then there are the double joints. OK, I can mange with the elbow joints I think, but I don't like the peanut shape on the knee pieces. I hope they work as well as the old ones.
I tried to make a complete list about the changes, but if you see any other changes, please tell me.
Over all look is a tad bit smaller in circumfence measurements for me, but I'm not going to change my patterns for them, the measurements propably didn't change that much. Usually my dolls wear clothes (or not...) so I don't really know if this is much stress about nothing. BUT I wouldn't want the body change to change their posing. Tinyfairies are good posers with their single jointed bodies and I don't want that to get ruined. Mostly I'm concerned with the knee joints.
All this said, I don't know if I like the new bodies or not yet, I don't like some changes, like the upper arm change, it makes the girl body's upper part look bulkier and not soft like a girl (in my mind) should be. I'm not totally against double jointed bodies, since I also have them from other companies, but as I've loved the Tinyfairies among many other people for years, accepting the change with the bodies is not propably the happiest thing. On the other hand, I know there are a people who really like double joints and single jointed bodies have been an obstacle, so this is a fantastic opportunity for them to get a Bluefairy Tinyfairy.
No comments:
Post a Comment