Pages

Jan 25, 2024

A Doll A Week 2024 / Week 3 - Henry

Henry [Iplehouse JID Owen]. Henry is such a handsome guy. He fits together really well with all Slim mini girls and boys, being the hunk as he is. But still he's usually photographed alone, so far I haven't taken much photos of him anyway. Things went a bit spicy in the end of this shoot and I might have gone further with posing but I didn't. I'm still regretting to be so open with my doll hobby and my old mates look at my posts in Instagram. It does make me iffy to post things in IG sometimes. Especially if would want to show some of my dolls partially nude... mostly becouse they're not doll hobbyists, and I'd be happier if I wouldn't share my hobby with people who aren't in it. Anyway. 

Earlier I've made a wig for Henry with glueing the wigcap and making wefts. I feel like it worked really well for one of the first wigs I made myself. His eyes were bought second hand and I really like them a lot. 

So happy I sewed some new things for him last weekend. It was great decision to buy him despite horrid shipping fee back at worst covid times. I'm still debating with myself if I should buy another JID boy. Ankles aren't the best but so far he makes great poses and also stands well even with one knee bent a little. So happy to had few days with him. 









Definitely would need some more decorations in the photos. I think I have a small drawer and a lot of little trinkets to put on it so it could be in the posts. I've crafted this couch from cardboard, some foam boards and sewed a fabric on top. It's light weighted enough to keep stored and I'd definitely need some more of similar furniture. Like, simple and just glued together. I'm not selling them so there's no big deal how they look from the back or under. You're not likely to see those in photos. Too bad his sweatpants were so close to the grey of the couch, I had to find a cover for the seat cushion.

He is such a serious dude, I like serious faces on dolls but the angry eyebrow syndrome this guy has... I might send him to have new faceup at some point. 

First pants were too short from the ankles. After making adjustments to the pattern and sewing them from thinner jersey they look OK. And a T-shirt to go with it. He actually has really nice college shirt and black jeans I made for him so he definitely needed something more casual. I guess he likes sports to keep those muscles so why not. He'd need some sports shoes but finding good shoes for actually MSD size is not easy. 


*        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *

There is an actual post of Henry's arrival back at June 2nd 2021. To be honest, Henry must be the one of the boys who is super handsome and most neglected of them all. He arrived just after I got into making some doll stories before in which I meant to write the male lead part for him buuuut just happened that my Elf Yder got in there first. At least so far. I hope to get back into making stories too as there will be a twist... as soon as I get into it and Henry will be a part of it in a way or another. 

What was done:

+ New pattern for sweatpants and T-shirt, sewed new clothes with the said patterns.
+ Cleaning, and over all check out, no need to restring. He was rather clean as I hadn't handled him that much. He's been standing in his place for rather long time. 
+ Glued some more fibers on his wig.

What they need:
- Perhaps at some point a new faceup. I like this, but it makes him a bit angry looking. [Iplehouse default for Owen]

No comments:

Post a Comment