Blog tag #1
What's in your bag?
1. Post a picture of your bag with what's inside and describe it!

This is my bag, my bag is Marimekko Urbaani bag, I bought it few years ago. I wanted something colorful and picked this fuchsia pink bag, my other choise would've been brown but I wanted more color. It has two reflectors, one is tied to the shoulder strap, it is the kind that I can easily remove when I need it and put it around my wrist. Even when we have snow it can be quite dark around places where are street lights. I don't want the bus driver to go past me. :D I should have one reflector hanging from my pocket but I don't at the moment, haven't found any ones that would be nice. Yet.

What is in the bag? Few packets of handkerchiefs, small notebook (I bought a packet of three from Oslo airport last Easter), Metalli Union calendar (free yay), tiny poach for coins, wallet, pink bus card, old shopping lists (I had plenty of more xD), hand desinfectant liquid, pastilles (sugar free), lipbalm, train maps (pile has some other timetables for buses and such), keys to work and home.

And almost forgot, my phone. I love the case it's in! My boyfriend ordered it for me. ^w^
2. When you're traveling to a hobby-related party or convention, what additional things will you carry in your bag?
I would add my camera Nikon D5100 in my bag, if I'd have tiny or MSD size doll with me I might put them in there too. My handbag fits one MSD and camera, or 2-3 Tinies together. It really depends a little where I'm going. I find camera easier to carry in handbag than with my dolls in their carrier.
3. Post a photo of your doll carrying a bag! If you own any doll props, post the contents of your dolly's bag!

I have at least two bags, I didn't find the third. This is the first I bought, my sister ordered some stuff from Happydoll and this bag is from there. It fits one or two dolls wrapped around in a thin blanket or pillow.

With two it is quite tight, but if you have good friend to go, it's not a problem ^w^

Bigger bag is from Luts, also something I bought in the beginning of the hobby. When I found out that there are these handy bags for carrying dolls I wanted to have one in each size! Both bags have pockets and I find that great but I mostly forget what I've put in there. I checked the pockets and at the moment they're empty, but if I go somewhere with dolls in them there might be shoes, brushes, magic sponge, clothes or other stuff in the pockets. :) Bigger bag is quite dusty, I haven't carried any big dolls around for a while. ^^;

There are adjustable straps in the bag, I usually cross them but the pillow (from a doll box) seem to be strapped in level this time. The Luts carrier have the pockets mostly inside, outside pockets are quite flat. It's been made from some sort of harder foam thing inside the top and lining so it makes it quite sturdy.

Usually I put the straps crossed like this, and adjust the straps so the doll is secured in place.
If I know I'll go outside taking photos from dolls, I like to carry them in a basket.


They can sit there quite comfortably, I have pillows from doll boxes around so I usually put 1-2 pillows under and around them and a small towel on top so people don't see what's inside the basket. I think it's nicer to have them covered, you never know if someone has weird ideas and tries to take them out, so better to not show them at all. I find the basket one of the greatest things when carrying dolls in photoshoots, it's easy to get the dolls out from the basket and when you're arranging the dolls it's easy just to stick them in the basket while arranging one at the time. XD Most what I've carried in this basket is... maybe three or four? I might want another basket of different shape.
The basket thing is GENIUS!!! love the tag :D!!! also your pink bag is so cool~
ReplyDelete:D Haha, actually there are some friends who also carry their dolls in baskets. It is really handy! Thank you! :D
DeleteI like all the pink things you've got :D Great color coordination x3 Also the basket for your dollies is genius! I've seen a few people do that at doll fairs and it just looks so much prettier + more convenient than to carry a doll in your arms xO
ReplyDeleteHeheee all things are good if they're available in pink. ;) I don't like carrying dolls in my arms, I rather have a bag or basket to carry them with comfortable. :D
DeleteThis is a very interesting tag!! The basket is great for carrying dolls!!!
ReplyDeleteI thought so straight away when I bumped into it! :D Yay for baskets!
DeleteA basket!! Never thought of that! I have always had my dolls in a dull bag (need to fix that) or when I take one doll, I carry her in my hand...which is not always a good thing. Love the tag! Happy new week! <3
ReplyDeleteOne of my friends had a basket too and I thought that was great idea! :) I rather not carry doll in hand, if I'm not in event where that is normal, I don't like to be stared at so if I can hide my dolls while travelling I'll definitely do that. Lovely new week for you too! :)
Delete