Pages

May 22, 2016

A little bit of Travelling at Porvoo

I visited Porvoo's old town with my friends Titta and Aura on Friday. It was wonderfully sunny day, and we went there by bus which was relatively cheap and just perfect for us! There were quite a lot of tourists already and we blended in just perfectly! :D Let the journey to the Porvoo old town begin! There is so much photos, sorry about that but I really tried to edit out. xD

Porvoo 20/05/2016
Here's where it all began.


Porvoo 20/05/2016
A snail on the wall! Apparently there was a restaurant there but it moved.

Porvoo 20/05/2016
Tori - marketplace. I did't go to see the sales booths tho.

Porvoo 20/05/2016
Alex at the museum info thinggg... We didn't go there, Titta bought some postcards from there.

Porvoo 20/05/2016
I'm trying to post as many photos as I can, but not all from Alex. ^^;

Porvoo 20/05/2016

Porvoo 20/05/2016
The gate of Porvoo Cathedral, it's beautiful old church. Here's the Wikipedia page from it.

Porvoo 20/05/2016
Inside.

Porvoo 20/05/2016
I've also stood there once, I was my cousins bridesmaid when she got married.

Porvoo 20/05/2016
This ship is fantastic.

Porvoo 20/05/2016
Road down from the Cathedral

Porvoo 20/05/2016
Many blooming appletrees around. So pretty!

Porvoo 20/05/2016

Porvoo 20/05/2016
We thought the toy museum would be closed but when we were at the door of the museum just checking the timetables the owner just came and asked if we wanted to go in. Of course we wanted!

Porvoo 20/05/2016

Porvoo 20/05/2016
The stove is so pretty! ANd with pans and all!

Porvoo 20/05/2016

Porvoo 20/05/2016
From 1880's. The tiny paper pictures we call "kiiltokuva", dunno what they're in english but they're so adorable. I know TheFairChildren's Meital would love some, especially if they had fluffy kittens!

Porvoo 20/05/2016
Mickey Mouses plenty!

Porvoo 20/05/2016
Many toys had some sort of description to whom they had belonged before and when. After the toy museum we went to have some lunch! It was about time to do that. I rarely want to have fish, but this time I actually ordered sammon and it was good. The restaurant with finnish home cooking is called Hanna-Maria and is located in quite central place at the old city, almost just when you enter the city it is right there! I've been there many times and the other time I had so good meatballs with sauce and potato mash. If I could enter the drooling Pusheen icon here I would.

Porvoo 20/05/2016
Then we walked over the bridge to the other side of the river and back to the old town. These red stockhouses are one of the most photographed things here.

Porvoo 20/05/2016
The Porvoo Cathedral is on top of the hill.

Porvoo 20/05/2016
Anni and Lily were with me too. I think they need wiring badly! x_X it was so difficult to keep them even standing!

Porvoo 20/05/2016

Porvoo 20/05/2016

Kahvila Helmi Porvoossa. #porvoo #vanhakaupunki
Some nice cake and lemonade at Cafe Helmi. (Helmi = Pearl)

From Friday, Brunberg chocolate shop. They have many favourites. Lemon-liquerice toffee pieces and I'm waiting for them to fix the orange chocolate process. Truffels are also great. #Brunberg #Porvoo
For the final touch we went to Brunberg chocolate shop, and I bought everything from there. U_U So they have nothing for you anymore. Sorry.



12 comments:

  1. Lovely photos!!! It must be so nice to go over those places in person!!! Love the church, very pretty! and lol you bought ALL the chocolate? I would do the same haha
    Glad you had so much fun! Hope to see many many trips in the future from you (to whatever you want, I just love seeing trip photos AND dolls :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a good day with friends to hang around. :) My friend's are among the oldest friends I have, so it was special to spend a day with them. ;) Well at least I wanted to buy all choco, I did my best! Too bad they didn't have the orange chocolate leafs I usually buy, but other things were good too. :)

      I don't travel much, but I'll definitely try to photograph the surroundings more. :D With dolls!

      Delete
  2. These small or big road trips and visiting different places nearby, end up to be best thing! I loved this post, it was like I could hang along on the trip. I have been in many places, in Finland, when I was younger, but not in Porvoo. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks for reading! :) It was fun little journey. My friends travel more in such little trips than I, since they have more spare time and during the week as I mostly have the weekends. HOpefully we'll go another trip, maybe to Turku! :D

      Delete
  3. I love your photos, those kinds of colorful wooden houses are my favorite!

    What kinds of chocolate did you buyyy? :3 I demand a loot photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene! ^^ The houses are so pretty! :D I must say they're my favourites too. So pretty.

      Haha, most of that I forgot in our car and they're still there. ^^; Oops. I bought some truffels and Alku sweets, they're like toffee things. :D

      Delete
  4. Porvoo on kyllä kaunis paikka. Ihania nuo vanhat lelut ja tavarat ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niin on, pitäisi käydä siellä useammin. :) Lelut on niin viehättäviä! :D

      Delete
  5. Wow such a gorgeous town!! Hope you had a great time there!!!
    And your girl looked really perfect in those photos :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fantastic time! It was great to be there with my friends. ^__^
      Thank you <3 Alex is so pretty! I wished I could've brought all my dolls with me. XD

      Delete
  6. Olipa kivoja kuvia! Muistan tuon seinällä madelleen etanan kun olen itse käynyt Porvoossa joitakin vuosia sitten. Harmi ettei ravintola ole enää toiminnassa.

    Minunkin on pitänyt mennä katsastamaan tuo lelumuseo, näytti hauskalta kuvissa. Matkanukkekuvat on aina piristäviä!
    Kirkko on todella kaunis. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. En ole ihan varma mutta minulle jäi sellainen mielikuva että se etana ravintola on vaan muuttanut paikkaansa, mutta minne, kas siinä pulma! :D

      Lelumuseo oli tosi kiva, se omistaja sanoi että ihmiset harvoin tulee sisään asti koska ovat jo kerran käyneet paikalla. :P Omituinen suhtautuminen ja voihan käynnistä olla jo vuosiakin aikaa ja kokoelma hieman muuttunut.

      Kirkko on tosi hieno, itsekin tuolla alttarilla olen seissyt, tosin kaason ominaisuudessa. :D

      Delete