I had been a bit anxious about if I should go or not all morning, do my dolls look cute enough that I can take them (wtf of course they do), they have nothing new to wear (OMG how stupid this feels) etc etc. I should never go to events like that alone, and if feeling anxious and nervous definitely retreat to safety of my own home and perhaps continue sewing or lie down on the sofa. I walked trough the place trying to find a place where to eat my salad I had bought and admired few smaller trees that were on bloom still. I found the Tearoom tent and talked briefly with my friend who was there serving tea, it was super to meet her, we hadn't seen each other for years. After that I went to the Japanese style garden. I dug out my dolls and began to nervously photograph them, and if I could've kicked myself I would have done that. It seems that older I get, more anxious I'll get in big events and less I want to be in crowds like that. Note to self (actually wrote a note and taped it on my screen side): 1) Don't attend to things like this, you're not going to like the crowds. 2) If you do, have friends with you, it's easier to be stared at with a friend if you share the staring. (People propably weren't staring, it's just that I think they are =_=). 3) Choose some other day to photograph dolls outside. With NO events. 4) Use some sort of bug spray to keep the stingy things away.
Anyway, even tough my feelings of the photographing wasn't so good, I think the photos came out rather nice. And the girls are super cute!
Hortensia's dress was a SD sized skirt which I added the boob covers basicly, just sewed them together first and then attatched them and cut the waistband shorter. I kinda like how it turned out! The necklace is made by Junipa. ^-^
Mariette's dress was recycled from a dress I made for my Delf Miyu. I just sew the bust in and added some beads and straps. I feel like this is totally her! She's beautiful. ^-^
Thank you for watching! ^-^ I hope you're doing good.
Finally some new photos! Sorry I've been absent, life's been busy and I've been feeling a bit of under the weather. I had few issues I'm taking care of now, nothing serious, just felt super dizzy when I woke up one morning. Seems like I have a "benign paroxysmal positional vertigo" (according to Wikipedia that's it in english, hyvälaatuinen asentohuimaus siis suomeksi). Anyway, it meant I had to make some simple movements to correct it (Epley manouver) and now I'm feeling a bit better. It was super weird and I hope it doesn't come back anytime soon. I usually get up from the bed quite fast, but now I've taken much time to get up and it's so tedious sometimes. My sister visited on Easter and again I'm having time with the butterflies that's emerged so soon this year! I've been wanting to have time with my dolls these days and finally I had some today. It was good even tough the Hanami event isn't for me, that's for sure. Next year I'll prepare to spring time better and get some nice clothes for my dolls earlier and go as soon as most of the flowers have bloomed and not wait any events. I'll need to revamp some more doll clothes since I have a lot of clothes that didn't sell back in the days and I'm bored to look at them like they are now. I'm happy these girls got some more camera time.
I'm sorry that you suffered such anxiety over going to take these photos but the photos are lovely, so hopefully you felt it was worth it for that. The girls are looking great in their pretty dresses, each dress suits it's wearer so well. I am glad to see you posting anyway, and hope you will soon feel chilled for the summer :)
ReplyDeletexx
Thank you Sharon, it was really difficult to be there but I definitely think the photos were worth it. And I learned my lesson about if feeling like that in the beginning, then I should forget about going. I think it'll take few days to get over the crowd experience, good to go rest at work today. ;)
DeleteI'm glad I found good styles for both girls and got inspired about sewing. ^-^ I'll be sewing more for my other girls and boys. I think boys will need some summer clothes too.
Both of your girls are lovely, and the pictures are really great. But Mariette looked way too perfect on every single picture. loved her!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Musume! Mariette is truly a beauty, I've loved Dark Elf Soo since I first saw the SD size ones. :) I'm glad you loved her! <3 ^-^It's good to hear from you. <3
DeleteHi Xaya,
ReplyDeleteI have a lovely park opposite in which to take photo, but never do as I always feel uncomfortable when people are around. It's crazy, as I don't think people take much notice at all, but I can't help the way I feel. So I understand your feelings completely and I admire your courage in facing your fear. The photos are lovely and the updated clothes look wonderful on both your dolls.
Big hugs,
X
Hello Xanadu, I really like photographing dolls outside, it's great to get photos from parks and forests but it's always the same when going out alone doing that. This time it was more difficult than usual, I feel.
DeleteThank you, I'm glad the photos came out as well as they did. ^-^ <3
Hugs. <3
Oh my, sorry to hear that you have been suffering anxiety. It really can be so so hard. But you faced your fears (I should do that more) and survived. Probably totally tired afterwards, but you did good! <3
ReplyDeleteThe photos are beautiful and Mariette’s dress is perfect for her with the colors! Love the wig on Hortensia! Your girls are so pretty!
I usually don't feel like that much anymore, but sometimes it hits so hard and it takes some time to get over with. Thanks for your encouragement. <3
DeleteOh the girls are so happy to hear that. ^-^ <3 They look really cute!