Pages

Jan 11, 2018

Test Photos with Sigma 150nn F2.8 APO Macro

I'd like to add "THING" to the end of that topic there. I'm not comfortable with lenses or photographing with good quality photographing equipment. What I feel is that I'm not good enough for them and I don't understand how most of them work. Yes, I do photograph but I'm most likely the person who only do point & shoot as that's the easy way out. If I need to think about this too much my brain or doughnut which is my brain is beginning to hurt. We bought this new lense together with my fiancé. I guess I'm going to pay him the other half later on after I've again saved up some finances to do so. While photographing yesterday I noticed that 1) some lenses just can work with darker places like our home now that it's winter and dark after I finally get back home and 2) my camera body is totally OLD for the newer lenses we have bought recently. I hope my camera will cope with this for now as I can't update it yet, this large piece of a lense is really heavy too. I basicly wanted something to photograph some butterflies next summer and I'm so happy it will work with dolls too.


This is tiny bear that came with The Little Twin Stars figure set, so cute!


Annu! SHe is adorable. And she and her friends totally would need some winter clothes.




Roosa, the newly arrived Aika. ^^


Penni is wondering if Roosa's shoes will fit her.


Sanni sweetie is re-decorating her cafe.


I'm sure I haven't yet introduced Riine, my Azone Pureneemo Mia. I only photographed her with my phone for a short post at Instagram. ^^; Sorry! But isn't she the cutest, thanks for help to Safir again. I love this girl. ^^


Mur-Mur, she'd need a lot more attention clothes wise! I love that funny cat mouth. ^^


Miisa is a bit worried. But is she always worried?! Don't know! Or maybe she just wants some cake.

I should practise more but the dark time of the year isn't my favourite for photographing. IF there is good weather ahead I might head outside for some photographing. I can't promise yet what will be the subject but we'll see. Hopefully it'll be nice and frosty this weekend as it's been lately. ^^

These two photos aren't taken with that lense, I think. Not excactly sure but my other one was Nikon Macro AF-S Micro Nikkor 40mm F/2.8G that I tried out. Others are photographed with the topic lense.


Irma, my love. I've not been handling my BJD a lot lately but most often I've handled her and Tobias. His photos didn't work out well, sadly. I'll get better ones later.


I think she wants to play cards.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and it is fun to play with photography, but I usually just use my smartphone and my Olloclip to that. I have a dream to buy a zoom lense to my phone one day, so that I can take photos of something far away, without enlarging it.
    My daughter has a advanced camera and I sometimes ask her to take some photos for me, because my brain aka mushroom does not get those advanced things. Sadly.
    Riine is a cutie and so is Miisa, with her worried expression. :) And Irma, beautiful Irma. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niina. :) I like photographing with my phone, it's so easy to carry on. This better camera is quite heavy, so I often don't pick it up during the evenings. And instagram is such an easy place to put photos, even if they're not the best. ^__^
      How nice from daughter to photograph for you <3 such a sweetie.
      I'm happy that some photos came out nice from all. ^__^ <3 Thank you.

      Delete
  2. The new lens works a treat Xaya, the photo subject is so much sharper. I could do with a new macro lens as well, but I keep spending all my money on dolls. EEP! I did enjoy seeing some more of your dolls though. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only hoping to finally try it on dayligth. Thinking how well it works with this darkness, I can't think of how well it might work in daylight. :) Thank you Xanadu. I'm sure I'll have tons of fun with this lens in the future. :D I have plenty of dolls to photograph that's for sure and all of them deserve some camera time! ^__^ <3 Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Great pictures... and I really like the little TwinStar <3
    Also the new lens has a great focus and the blur in the background looks good! I currently think about a new lens too, but like Xanadu I spend my money too fast for dolls xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The little Twin Stars are super cute! I'm glad I bought that set. :)
      I'm super happy with the new lens, it would work even better with new camera body so I'm propably going update it soon too. ^^; So maybe not many new dolls for me, except few Pureneemo.. ;)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new lens, the effect it makes is really awesome!! :D The AF-S Micro Nikkor 40mm F/2.8G is also on my wishlist, honestly, but it is expensive and I have a lot of things on my wishlist xD

    Irma looks great, I missed seeing her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy we have it! :) Nikkor is also good, but I will have to learn a lot more how it works. :D Good luck with your wishlist I'm glad I don't have as much in my list as I used to. :) <3

      Irma is happy to be seen. ;) She's beautiful! I love her so much!

      Delete