Pages

Feb 27, 2020

Bimong Narae N402 New Body arrival 24/02/2020

I've always loved Bimong dolls, I once had a Narin for a short while. I sold him, mainly becouse he was french resin doll but that didn't leave me without love for Narin and Narae. Since I know very well that boys are a challenge for me, girls on the other hand... I knew I wanted a Narae at some point. Mixing the sizes of faces and proportions were really difficult for me for long. I feel like I've been learning the proportions and different looks of dolls for this past 15 years with this hobby. I'm happy I'm still going on with learning more each day with these ball jointed dolls.

I ordered Narae face plate N402 with the new body on July 22nd 2019, definitely wanted two different busts and in light tan colour. I settled for layaway for 3 times but that was ok, I was really anxious to pay my order finally and begin waiting. She was shipped out and reached Finnish Customs in just two days. After that I of course paid the custom fee and something new from our national post company - delivery/keeping fee - and waited as their customer service chat bot said it'd take 3 days for the fee to reach them. As I was working on morning shift next week there wasn't a chance to call to the Posti customer service as I don't like to call from work since breaks are short and queueing for tens of minutes or even longer is out of the question, I have no chance to go to internet as using a personal PC isn't a part of my work. Posti CS was open until 4PM and I was just at home around that time, one day my fiance came to pick me up so I tried to call but it was no use. I then waited until my day off which was last Friday and finally found out that ALL PAYMENTS WERE JUST FINE AND THEY DIDN*T KNOW WHY MY PARCEL WASN*T SHIPPED OUT!! I also called to the Customs customer service and they said the same, both persons in the other end were really understanding and my parcel was released/picked up on Friday evening. I consider myself lucky, as far as I know there's been really big hassle becouse the system renewal on both Customs and Posti have messed things up a big time. Seems like their systems are totally not communicating at all. ANYWAY!

Finally I've got my precious box which was delivered straight at my home at Monday morning. Super exited to open it!


Obligatory wip cat shirt on the box to cover personal information. :D




Oooh such a pretty box! Seems like this is the old fashioned one, as I've only seen the light coloured boxes that look like a fancy paper bag with rope handles and everything. Not that I wouldn't like or appreciate a regular box, just wondering why I was sent different one as I also thought I'd have same box that I had already seen with others. ^^; A bit of a surprise...


Oh the lovely cushion, I'm so used to those foam cut outs that this cushion brings back a lot of good memories. ^__^


Some bisquits and so many fantastic feet and hands. They're magnetic! :D


The Certificates of Authencity.




Yay, finally free from the wrapping.


Ahahaa the bust piece, large bust is large, I guess she likes them too. xD The bust she has assembled is a "normal" one, and that's also good size.


Hands are beautiful. She has four pairs of hands and three pairs of feet.


The pointe feet, I like them, they're like ballet feet. I think I'd need to learn how to make some ballet shoes. Her posing is very effortless. I ordered her eyes in small group order from Soulinaboxdolls, the colour of the eyes is KGB Grey and size 12mm. She doesn't have a wig yet, but I'm planning to maybe get her something ash blonde or other light colour. Need to test all the spare wigs I have around to see what I like on her. I'm sure she would look fabulous in all coulours of the rainbow.
I might want to try wig making myself but I find it really difficult to go to Etsy for shopping fibers, but I guess I don't have a choise now. I'll be looking for ready dyed alpaca or something, I don't want to dye it myself. I think I'll need to buy a lots as making wigs seems difficult and my first try went to the trash bin. Second try is on Fleur now, but I think I definitely could do better.


After I had handled her for a while, I saw there's a lighter spot under her eye. I sent a message for Bimong about it and he said that shiny bits can be sanded with very ultra fine sandpaper but I'm so not going to do that. I'm not sure that's just a shiny spot but I'm sure face up will cover it just fine. In these photos there's of course dust already, but the spot is just under her eye and I'm afraid to do anything for it. These photos are taken with better DSLR and macro lense, but I think I need to photograph it with smaller macro I have to get a better photo. Anyway, she is lovely and I'm waiting for a face up spot to open so she will have her new face and preferably some blushing on her hands. 



Thank you for watching, I hope I'll be able to post more in the future but it seems that spring is coming and my attention will be drawn towards butterflies again. I try to keep active with blogging but if you want to know what's going on with my dolls, I suggest you visit my Instagram @xaya_pooh I'm much more active there. ^__^ I hope you're well and healthy.

9 comments:

  1. Hello there and congrats to your new doll! She is beautiful and I love the pointe feet and magnetic extra hands/feet too. It is so much easier than the hooks of all kind.
    I know that we have some white sponge that you can use on spots, almost like those magic sponges, that you can buy cheap at places that sell car stuff. I have couple of those sponges and they work just fine. But better be careful, anyway. A face up will probably cover that little spot well. :)
    She poses well and I like her little open mouth. I can see the teeth! :)
    Yes, soon it is time for butterflies - read an article where a boy told that he had seen a common brimstone. Too early, but it has been warm here.
    Enjoy the coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niina, nice to hear from you. <3 ^__^ I have the "magic sponge" which is white and my bf has some sanding sponges but I'm too afraid to do anything about that spot.
      The mouth is one of my favourite parts! The little teeth and she's got a slight smile which is wonderful. I can't wait to get more photos from her with my other dolls. :)
      Ah, seeing a brimbstone isn't that impossible. They are sleeping trough the winter and on the warm spots they can already wake up and go back to sleep when it comes cold enough. I agree, too early, it should sleep at least a month more and wake up when the willows bloom.
      Thank you dear Niina, ^__^ I'm having a "lonely weekend" but it is great to have it so I can concentrate on dolls. Have a nice one yourself <3

      Delete
  2. Hello Linda! Thank you so much. Oh yeah, sanding is definitely a no-no for me, I'm sure all the face up artists whose work I adore would manage to cover it without any problems. :)
    The magnetic systems is very good, I think I'll photograph them more in the future. There's a lock key system inside so the hand/feet will only fit in certain position. The magnets seem to hold on really well. ^__^
    Thank you, spring is just a month or two away. In capital city area we don't have any snow (yet/still) so spring might come early. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Xaya, she a stunning sculpt, love her mouth and hands. She is extremely elegant in her crossed leg pose. Her feet are really wonderful too, I can imagine this girl as a Prima Ballerina dressed in a beautiful tulle costume with a beaded satin bodice and pointe shoes. I think you will have fun with this doll.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she is beautiful, this has always been one of my favourite Bimong sculpts. ^__^ I think I will need to sew her a ballerina outfit of sort if I can. The pointe feet certainly beg to have the shoes to fit them. :D I'm sure we'll have fun together with this doll. <3 Hugs

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Xaya, she is lovely and I look forward to seeing her with her faceup. I used to have two Naraes at two different times, such a beautifully made doll. I now have my Dandelion head, I love Bimong's work, it's gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon, she's so pretty even without the face up. I don't yet know which way to go with her. These dolls are such a beautiful work, I think the engineering of this one was worth waiting for. And of course, the face is a classic! Dandelion is beautiful, which body will you have for her?

      Delete
  5. I know this is very late, but I wanted to congratulate you for this beautiful doll!, she is amazing even blank. I hope to be more active soon! See you soon ald kind regards <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much, I've not been active with dolls during the summer as I've been busy with summerhobbies. I hope to be back soon. My Narae is my current favourite among my dolls but shhhh don't tell the others. ;) <3

      Delete