Pages

Oct 12, 2015

Boys, Etsy, sewing woes

Wow, I'm amazed about the amount of people who participated in my Giveaway! ^__^ Thank you all once again for participating. Since that was so cool and fun I will have another one in the future, no time decided yet. :D I added some stuff to my Etsy shop among the Moe line jeans and Tinyfairy jeans, I'll be sewing more of Minifee A-line jeans later since they seem to be something people want to have. Also I want to remind gently that I'm working full time and have a shift work which is very tiring so I do not take any custom orders. There is little time to do home errands, sew for dolls, spend time with the boyfriend and see friends, I thank you for understanding. ^^;


Ok, back to dolls then again! I'm really feeling the urge to sew winterwear for them all right now! MAN how cold this mornings has been last week! The stars were so bright, I saw Orion there shining for me when I walked down to the bus stop at 5 AM. My Tinyfairy Boys are hanging around at the craft room's shelf. Even Marcus and Angus joined in and I undressed them from the café outfits. I have a little bit of trouble with the boys clothes I have to admit. I have very little of imagination with them and mostly what the boys seem to wear at the moment are long sleeved jersey t-shirts. But what else could I make for them. Maybe some vests and that sort of things that I've already made for sale earlier. Also, some hoodies. But I'd definitely need some happier colour fabrics! Mostly what I have in storage are girly materials but I'd love to get some colourful stuff and then try figure out what to make from them. ^^; Anyway, I have few ideas but I also need to make them and not only to talk! I took a photo of my boys, so you can see how they are. I do think there are need to buy some new eyes, at least for Áron (Kevin) and Marcus (Robin). They definitely need smaller size eyes so I can have them look a little bit older. I also find out today that some of the boys would really like to get some sneakers. Lukas, Tobias and maybe Noah would really like those kind of shoes. I might have wanted to order a doll together with some stuff but the order period seem to have get longer for Bluefairy and what is available and when is totally different story. So still need some waiting, maybe Minoruworld would have some things in stock that I want.

Bah, the glasses of our balcony are shining the light to the left side and thus Lukas, Miio and Áron's faces are too light. :P I didn't dare to move the table or the backdrop anymore since it took quite a while to get the Gentle bodied guys to stand.

Fairyland has an event going on at the moment. I'll definitely want to buy some bodies for the rolling heads, but I'm still waiting for some reason. Maybe I want order more than one at the time, Fairyland doesn't offer Feeple 60 bodies or dolls at the moment so the Feeple heads have to wait yet a little longer to get their bodies. I think I'll stick with the plan to get Minifee bodies first becouse they're more easy to reach. Maybe I'll wait for the Christmas event to get all three I need at the moment. The heads are having their face up and I'm prepared to wait longish time. ^^ This time I'm not going to get any rolling heads with the bodies. They were easy to sell, but I'd rather buy a pair of hands with that money.

I made a backdrop thingy from thick cardboard (in finnish that's "kapalevy", kinda have two cardboards and between them some foamy thing?) and photographed some of my dolls before it.

You can set the angle of the boards as you like, they're glued and papered together like book covers. My friend picked up the paper for this and I'm really glad since she picked nicer than I would've done!

Size is good for Tiffany too. I think I'm able to photograph the Delf with this.

Lol, Alexander is too tall for this. He is currently my tallest doll and I think I'll keep it that way. ^^

This is from yesterday, Elle and Hortensia are posing for the sales clothes. ^^ They so pretty!

I also took photo of Ebony, my sisters tanning Lishe. She has too little camera time! ^^ And definitely needing a new set of clothes. :D I do think this is an on going thing in my gang, there's always someone who needs clothes.






6 comments:

  1. Your dolls are gorgeous!! And your sister's Lishe is very pretty as well, love her dress!

    Congrats on having a successful giveaway!
    I wanted to join but since I don't own any MSD I thought I'd v\give the chance to others :)

    Your backdrop turned out great btw~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my sisters Lishe is so beautiful! ^^ I'm planning to se more for her soon.

      Ah, MSD, I might have something in mind for bigger dolls too, later. ^^ Hehee. I'm super happy about the giveaway, and certainly will make something later to bigger dolls.

      Other backdrop plans are in the making too! :) I'm going to make several so I can do different settings.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the Etsy! I added you as fave :3
    I understand the need for winter clothes! This winter here was so cold that I had to sew some sweaters xD And one always needs more fabric!

    I think the backdrop is great! Sad that Alexander is too tall =S Maybe you can use the background with him sitting on something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for adding me in Etsy, I added you too as my favourite, such fun event you have going on there. :D We are just waiting for the winter to come, but I'm sure there will be cold.

      I have one big chair he could sit in but I think I'd need to make him another backdrop too, now that I know that this is too short for him. :)

      Delete
  3. Minulla on ihan sama ongelma poikien vaatteiden kanssa! Ei jotenkin mielikuvitus vain riitä. Siinä missä tyttöjä voi pukea hörselöihin, korsetteihin, hameisiin, mekkoihin ja vaikka mihin ihanaan niin jätkieni kanssa olen ihan että "ööm.. no, tänään teen sinulle... öö, no varmaan paita ja housut kai". Vaikka paitoja ja housujakin on vaikka millaisia, niin silti iskee täys lukko kun yritän miettiä miesten vaatteita ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voi ongelma pojat. :D Koitan aina keksiä jotain kivaa pojille mutta toistaiseksi olen pysynyt tuommoisella t-paita farkut/housut linjalla. Kyllä minä vielä jotain keksin, pitäs vaan olla enemmän aikaa tekemiseenkin. :) Hyvä etten ole itsekseni lukko-ongelmien kanssa. Hehe. :D

      Delete