So, today is Eliza's day. I've been thinking about the clothes she should wear and shoes and such, but she can basicly wear all tops I have, but I try not to make her look more yellow than she already is. If I do I still hope she will look cute in everything she wears. Clothes in these photos are made by yours truly, she likes the blouse and I kinda think the grey skirt and stripey socks goes with it ok. She shares a wig with one of my older Minifee dolls but I'll definitely buy another one of similar wigs like this Bluefairy shaggy cut wig she now has. Her eyes are Enchanted Doll Eyes in 14mm size. I guess the eyes could be smaller but they are nice even if a bit too big. I had to assist her arms with metal pins on the elbow joints so that she would hold the pose. (In fact I did that for Akiko too, since they're single jointed dolls and any little trick helping the posing is great!). Have a nice day!
Dec 2, 2019
Eliza Day - Dollmore Zaoll Luv 2/24
Eliza Day is special girl. I bought her around February 2011 from a friend. Her face up and body blush had been made by the previous owner and artist Jesmo. She was first bought as a company for another french resin doll but I ended up selling the Limhwa Half Elf I had. Eliza Day was bought before the Zaoll dolls were produced from regular resin, and I don't remember if I could've gotten a new one with the new resin back then. I didn't really think about it and so she has really much yellowed all over. Recently I put her for sale in our Finnish FB group but as I now realised I can't sell her I took her off the sale site.
So, today is Eliza's day. I've been thinking about the clothes she should wear and shoes and such, but she can basicly wear all tops I have, but I try not to make her look more yellow than she already is. If I do I still hope she will look cute in everything she wears. Clothes in these photos are made by yours truly, she likes the blouse and I kinda think the grey skirt and stripey socks goes with it ok. She shares a wig with one of my older Minifee dolls but I'll definitely buy another one of similar wigs like this Bluefairy shaggy cut wig she now has. Her eyes are Enchanted Doll Eyes in 14mm size. I guess the eyes could be smaller but they are nice even if a bit too big. I had to assist her arms with metal pins on the elbow joints so that she would hold the pose. (In fact I did that for Akiko too, since they're single jointed dolls and any little trick helping the posing is great!). Have a nice day!










So, today is Eliza's day. I've been thinking about the clothes she should wear and shoes and such, but she can basicly wear all tops I have, but I try not to make her look more yellow than she already is. If I do I still hope she will look cute in everything she wears. Clothes in these photos are made by yours truly, she likes the blouse and I kinda think the grey skirt and stripey socks goes with it ok. She shares a wig with one of my older Minifee dolls but I'll definitely buy another one of similar wigs like this Bluefairy shaggy cut wig she now has. Her eyes are Enchanted Doll Eyes in 14mm size. I guess the eyes could be smaller but they are nice even if a bit too big. I had to assist her arms with metal pins on the elbow joints so that she would hold the pose. (In fact I did that for Akiko too, since they're single jointed dolls and any little trick helping the posing is great!). Have a nice day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't worry about dolls changing colour anymore Xaya, it's natural aging and your girl doesn't look too bad anyway. She has an interesting face, which I like too. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the setting you have used in these photos.
Big hugs,
X
Oh yeah, I don't either these days but when I first realised my Limhwa girl was rapidly changing colour from her pale rose tone towards heavy yellow I found that very sad. She was my dream girl in all that translucent beauty and it was so annoying to see that change, even tough she was really pretty with the yellowing too.
DeleteEliza Day is really lovely girl and the age does show in her beautifully. ^__^ Thank you, I tried to find stuff that works with many types of dolls, I'm glad it does so far. :) Hugs <3
She's lovely and her outfit is perfect for her. I agree with Xanadu, I don't worry too much about dolls changing colour these days, I just want to enjoy my dolls so, although I'm careful with them and don't leave them exposed for long periods of time in the sunshine, I don't panic if I take them outside. I have my first BJD, French Resin Narsha and she too is very yellowed but I love her all the same.
ReplyDeleteHugs Sharon in Spain x
I'm glad you like the outfit, more I look at it more I like it on her. Just need to adjust the waist of the skirt I think. I have my dolls in dark room but they're in showcases so I can see them. I've also taken them out for photos and like you I don't leave them in sunshine. :) I enjoy photographing outside, too bad the snow melted already. xD Narsha is such a cutie, great to know many of my friends have older type of dolls around too. ^__^ Hugs
DeleteI remember when Esther started to change her pinkish skin color to yellow - it felt like something had gone wrong. But today it is a part of her (and the hobby). I do like to play and enjoy my dolls a lot!
ReplyDeleteEliza looks stunning and I do like the props you have!
Most of my dolls have aged really well, in some that shows more than in others. :) Yellowing is part of dolls aging so I don't stress that but with frenchies... well, it was something I had to think trough for many times. Thanks Niina, I'm glad you like Eliza and such fun to collect all the props! ^3^
Delete